- Business Centre Club was founded in 1991 as a multilevel organization supporting enterprise in Poland. BCC is an elitist business club and the biggest private employer organization in Poland.
- BCC affiliates over 2,000 members – entrepreneurs and companies (chiefly private-owned), jointly controlling PLN 120 billion ($30 billion) in capital and employing 600,000 people.
- BCC also affiliates lawyers, journalists, scientists, publishers, physicians, members of the military and students.
- BCC concentrates on lobbying activities aimed at furthering the growth of Polish economy, curbing unemployment and assiting entrepreneurs. All to-date Polish Presidents, Prime Ministers and Ministers have consulted with BCC members.
- BCC members represent 249 cities. We run 24 regional BCC Chapters whose tasks include rallying business communities around local issues and cooperation with local authorities.
- BCC is the initiator of the Dialogue Forum, offering various social groups a chance top communicate on issues crucial to Poland’s development. Several hundred Forum signatories belong to 25 national organizations grouping 1,800 public associations embracing more than 5 million people. BCC also operates a national Student Forum.
- BCC is an international organization with ties to institutions in the EU, the U.S., Russia and Canada. Among BCC’s Honorary Members are Margaret Thatcher, Jacques Chirac, George Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, Recep Tayyip Erdogan and José Manuel Barroso. BCC membership is also held by more than 100 foreign firms.
- Since its foundation BCC has advocated more social commitment in the business world. BCC members have jointly contributed over PLN billion to aid for children as well as elderly and handicapped people.
- In June 2002 the Polish Prime Minister called up BCC members to the Tri-partite Social and Economic Commission.
- Surveys by the Indicator Market Research Centre (1997), the Public Affairs Institute (2000), the Pentor Opinion and Market Polling Institute (2004 and 2006) and GfK Polonia (2009 and 2011) show that Business Centre Club is the most prestigious and effective organization of its kind in Poland.
- All BCC activities are coordinated by President Marek Goliszewski.